If you bought a new house and moved leaving the old house vacant, you might get a cancellation notice from your Homeowners Insurance provider.  Your Homeowners Insurance providers expects you to continually live in the house and only leave it vacant for periods less than 30 days.  If a house is vacant for longer than that, the chance of a claim skyrockets.

If you are left in this situation you can cover your home with Vacant Property Insurance.  Because of the higher chance of a claim, the cost for insurance is higher.  In this situation, I typically get people set up on a monthly payment plan.  Hopefully the house will soon sell and you’ve only paid for a month or two of coverage.  Please contact me for more information on Vacant Properties and keeping them insured.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>